The SEED Awards for Entrepreneurship in Sustainable Development is an annual awards scheme designed to find the most promising, innovative and locally led start-up eco-inclusive enterprises in countries with developing and emerging economies. The independent SEED International Jury of experts selects enterprises which have the potential to make real improvements in poverty eradication and environmental sustainability while contributing to a greener economy.
- For the 2017 SAG-SEED Awards, the call for application is open to enterprises within the six focus countries listed below and are active in the following four sectors:
Enterprises are eligible to apply for the 2017 SAG-SEED Award if they:
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship and innovation;
- Deliver economic, social and environmental benefits;
- Have the intention and potential to become financially sustainable;
- Are a partnership between different stakeholder groups;
- Are locally driven or locally led;
- Have potential for scale-up or significant replication;
- Are in the early stages of implementation; and
- Meet the country- and/or sector-specific requirement
- All the Winners will be profiled at the National Dialogue Fora throughout Africa.
- SEED offers each SAG-SEED Award Winner a customised support package consisting of tools, capacity building, profiling and network building, all tailored to their individual needs.
Each Award Winner will receive a package of tailored support services consisting of:
- Capacity Building: Tailored one-on-one advisory service that offers Winners assistance with their business and financial plan, including a three-day Business Planning Workshop and three months of support from a local expert advisor.
- Tools: Self-help tools that enable enterprises to prioritize and address their most urgent needs, for example by assisting with market analysis, developing a funding strategy, mapping stakeholder relationships and measuring impact.
- Profiling: SAG-SEED Winners are profiled nationally and regionally through a high-level Awards Ceremony as well as internationally through SEED marketing and promotional activities such as our website, blog and social media channels.
- Network Building: SEED facilitates connections with valuable contacts to support organizations, such as with funders, policy-makers, and other enterprises such as SEED Alumni, and SEED Partners and Associates.