Fully Funded to Milan, Italy
Adansonia is an acceleration program that trains entrepreneurs, gives them a certificate and enables them to apply for funding.A program by a top European university, open to all African entrepreneur.
The program is free and open to all entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs in Africa. It is a collaboration between Bocconi University, one of the top business schools in Europe, and venture capitalists across the African continent.
All Africa-based entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs are eligible. You just need
- a business idea (or an existing business that you wish to expand),
- professional proficiency in English (the online course and pitching event will be in English),
- to be able to watch the course videos on the Internet (an Internet-connected device, e.g., smartphone or computer).
- Take a free online course on entrepreneurship by a top university in Europe, Bocconi University.
- Learn to build a business and to apply for funding.
- Earn a certificate from Bocconi University, a top business school.
- Write a business proposal and have it evaluated by pan-African venture capitalists who have partnered with the program. The top proposals get to pitch to investors.
- Pitch to investors at the final pitching event. The partnering venture capitalists decide which proposals to fund.
- Earn an all-expenses paid trip to Milan, Italy to learn more in a short business course at Bocconi University that lasts roughly a week. This prize is awarded to the participants who most actively help their peers refine their business ideas.
Outline of the 6-week online course
In this new 6-week course taught by professors at Bocconi University and by venture capitalists in Africa, participants will learn the following topics:
- Ideating a new value proposition: learn how to identify spaces for innovation, and find customers.
- Testing an idea before launch: learn how to assess market size and your competitors.
- Marketing: learn how to develop your value proposition and segment customers.
- Cost: learn how to identify partners, compute break-even analysis, and devise a pricing strategy.
- Finalizing your business plan: learn how to do financial forecasts and what investors look for.
- Get ready to present your startup: learn how to build your team, pitch your idea, and apply for funding.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: April 30, 2017