The Africa Food Prize is the preeminent award for recognizing the extraordinary individual or institution whose contributions to African agriculture are forging a new era of sustainable food security and economic opportunity for all Africans.
- The Africa Food Prize recognizes extraordinary women, men, and institutions whose outstanding contributions to African agriculture are forging a new era of sustainable food security and economic opportunity that elevates all Africans.
Building on the values and principles established by the Yara Prize, the AfricaFood Prize puts a bright spotlight on achievements and innovations that can bereplicated across the continent to eliminate hunger and poverty and provide a vital newsource of employment and income.
- The Africa Food Prize can be awarded to any individual or identifiable group of individuals, as well as to established institutions, associations, organizations or government bodies with a formal and recognized judicial and organizational structure contributing to the overall objectives of the Prize.
- The Prize can be awarded to any qualified candidate, irrespective of nationality, profession or location, whose work, and contributions deriving from the work, has had a clear impact on the African situation, nationally, regionally or for the continent.
- The Prize can be awarded with reference to a specific contribution or achievement, or a series of efforts and results in the recent past, preferably within the last few years.
- Current or recent members of the Africa Food Prize Committee, or an institution/ organization headed by such a member, are ineligible for the Prize. The Prize cannot be awarded to a person already deceased, but will be presented in the event a Prize winner dies before receiving the Prize.
- The Prize can be awarded to more than one winner, but not more than two. If shared, each winner will receive equal prize money (USD 100 000 divided in two), a diploma and a trophy.
- To be eligible for the Prize, a nomination must be submitted in writing in either English or French.
- In order to be considered by the Africa Food Prize Committee, all nominations and supporting documentation must be received by Friday, June 10, 2016.