The Global Change Award is an innovation challenge by H&M Foundation. The GCM are looking for game changing ideas that can make fashion circular – and help protect our planet.
The Global Change Award is an innovation challenge, initiated by non-profit H&M Foundation in 2015. By catalyzing early innovations that can accelerate the shift from a linear to a circular fashion industry, the aim is to protect the planet and our living conditions.
H & M Foundation are looking for early stage ideas that present new circular approaches that reinvent the fashion industry. This means changing the way garments are designed and produced, shipped, bought, used and recycled today by adding disruptive technology or new business models.
The competition has three categories open for applications: circular business models, circular materials and circular processes.
When applying you will choose one of the categories presented below. H & M will pick the five best winners of all the entries received regardless of category, i.e. there is no quota set between the categories.
- H & M may pick all five winners from one category if the best entries turn out to be from one and the same category or we may pick winners from two or all three categories.
- Five winners will share a €1 million grant and get access to a one-year innovation accelerator provided by H&M Foundation, Accenture and KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm.
By applying to the Global Change Award you’re competing for:
- A € 1.000.000 grant, shared by five winners. Which will be distributed by the public though an online vote.
- A trip to Stockholm to attend the grand award ceremony on 5 April 2017.
- Access to a one-year Innovation Accelerator provided by H&M Foundation, Accenture and KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm.
The innovation accelerator
Through the innovation accelerator, the five winning teams of Global Change Award 2016 get one year of specialised support in moving these ideas to the next level. Throughout the year, they get continuous support and individual team coaching through H&M Foundation and Accenture.
Throughout the year the winners also get;
01. A one-week boot camp, creating insights on innovation readiness, goal setting, IPR protection and innovation development, provided by KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm (Stockholm, Sweden).
02. Exclusive industry insight, networking opportunities and knowledge about circularity in the fashion value chain, provided by H&M Foundation and H&M (Shanghai, China).
03. Leading expertise on circular economy, access to an innovation centre and insights into future digital customer experiences, provided by Accenture (Milan, Italy).
How to apply:
Interested entrepreneurs should follow the link below to apply
Application Deadline: October 31st 2016