The YBLN Budding Entrepreneurs Programme is a carefully designed 6-week residential entrepreneurship that trains young people in specific business skills, young individuals with viable business ideas or existing businesses from diverse socio-economic backgrounds will be selected.
This programme is aimed at creating a platform to empower young business-minded adults to start their own businesses or further develop or expand an existing business. With the development and success of these businesses, the hope is to have a domino effect of helping other unemployed youths by each business employing at least a minimum of five (5) before December 2017.
The YBLN Budding Entrepreneurs Program would take place over a 6-week period commencing from 3rd September – 16th October 2016. The program will feature academic and personal development content. Subsequently, continuous capacity building, free business advisory support, mentorship and networking opportunities would be offered to participants.
- Site visits
- Community service
- Leadership training
- Team work
- Participants should be aged from 18-35
- The program is open to both male and female participants, as each sex will make up 50% of the final candidates.
- Applications from candidates across Nigeria will be accepted but preference will be given to candidates from parts of the country worst affected by the unemployment epidemic in Nigeria.
- Basic education will be a pre requisite but no academic qualification is required in order for individuals to apply for the program. Applicants will be judged more on the strength and viability of their business.
- Applicants from all socio-economic classes will be accepted. There would be no discriminations based on socio-economic class or other.
Candidates must possess the following key qualities:
- A track record of personal achievements
- Evidence of work done within a community.
- Submission of a viable existing or proposed business plan or idea
- Candidate must exude passion and display initiative.
How to Apply
To apply, click here. You will need to create an account using a valid e-mail address.
Deadline: April 30th, 2016