IF YOU’RE CURRENTLY PREPARING A BUSINESS PLAN OR ARE IN THE EARLY STAGES OF CREATING YOUR OWN BUSINESS, YOU’RE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OUR CHALLENGE!
In Africa as elsewhere, many young people aspire to start their own business and build a brighter future, which is why we’ve created the « Startupper of the year by Total » challenge.
Ideas deserve support, especially great ones. And promising ideas deserve a helping hand.
Google, Facebook, Daily Motion, Twitter, Deezer, Airbnb and other leading names in the 2.0 economy all started as the brainchild of inspired young people. There’s no shortage of startuppers in Africa — iCow1, Afate 3D Printer2, CardioPad3, Obami4, Sense Ebola Follow up5 and M-Iouma6 are already shaking up the continent.
- Are you under 35 years old? Do you want to create a business or develop one that is less than two years old? Are you a citizen of one of these 34 African countries: Algeria, Angola, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Guinea, Republic of the Congo, Reunion, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia or Zimbabwe?* If so, this challenge is for you!
- Total is interested in all your projects, regardless of the type of business or activity, as long as they share the characteristics common to creative start-ups: innovation, competitiveness, growth boosting and job creation.
- To get their business project off the ground or develop a business less than two years old, each winner of the “Startupper of the year by Total” challenge will receive individual coaching.
- On completion of the coaching, Total will also provide financial support for their project.
- In each of the 34 countries in which the “Startupper of the Year by Total” contest will be held, a jury of businesspeople led by a chairman will be created. It will have at least 10 members, including the CEOs of Total’s affiliates in the country.
- The jury will include managers from national and international companies drawn from a wide variety of business sectors (banking, finance, industry, service, etc.), representatives of public and semipublic organizations, officials from institutions, officials from national and international organizations and/or recognized experts and analysts. The jury will receive, evaluate and select the projects.
- On completion of the pre-selection stage, the jury in each of the 34 countries will select up to 10 finalists of the best projects submitted.
- The finalists will then be invited to present their project orally to the jury, which will select up to three winners.
To enter, create your profile and provide the required information online. To support, justify and illustrate your project, you can attach as many documents as you wish to your application, including:
- your résumé,
- your business plan,
- your financing plan,
- your partnership strategy,
- an executive summary,
- a marketing brochure,
- your logo,
- your graphic standards,
- and/or a photo or video presentation, etc.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply online by following this link below to apply
Application Deadline: January 31st 2016