Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative 2017 – Lagos, Nigeria
The Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative, CYFI, is a dynamic youth-based initiative launched in 2011 by the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos. CYFI brings together Nigerian youth of exceptional vision, skills and experience to design and implement projects that have a positive impact on Nigerian society. Former Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, was a champion of civil liberties, democracy and closer ties between the U.S. and Nigeria.
CYFI fellows are committed to putting the ideals of Walter Carrington into practice. The CYFI Board of Directors, in conjunction with the Public Affairs Section at the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos, selects fellows who demonstrate exceptional vision, skills and experience. Fellows are then grouped into teams based on interest, and teams then develop and implement their own youth engagement project over the course of the one-year fellowship duration.
In addition to working with their team to bring their project into fruition, CYFI fellows have the opportunity to attend various networking events, roundtables and forums on relevant social issues, hosted by the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos. The year will conclude with an awards ceremony for fellows, where fellows will be inducted into the CYFI Alumni Program.
- Open to all citizens and permanent residents of Nigeria currently residing in Lagos.
Applications open on December 10, 2016. Interested applicants should see application page.
- In addition to providing biographical information, applicants will be asked to complete a hypothetical scenario. All fields are required.
- You may save the application and return to it at a later time. Please note however that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- To start the application, proceed to the form below.
- Application Deadline – December 31, 2016
- Interviews – January 2017
- Notification of Admission – February 2017
Applicants selected for an interview will be notified by the CYFI Board. Interviews will be held at the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos.