In 2014, Chivas Regal launched The Venture, a $1million annual fund and global search to reward those who are using business to create positive change. Over the last two years we have invested $2 Million in a new generation of extraordinary startups, that do well by doing good, because we believe generosity and success go hand in hand.
If you run an innovative social business that is helping to create a better future, we want to hear from you. Successful applicants will have a chance to pitch for a share of The Venture’s $1Million fund and will receive world-class mentorship to help accelerate their growth.
THE VENTURE ACCELERATOR WEEK
Over the course of a week, all the finalists will take part in a variety of intensive business master-classes at some of the world’s leading businesses to help them sharpen their skills.
The global finalists will feature on The Venture website and crowd-funding site IndieGogo. Our international campaign will reach millions of people around the world, offering incredible exposure for your business.
The Venture is an international project with some of the participating countries offering additional prizes. Check your local Terms & Conditions to discover what else The Venture could offer your business.
Every submission will be judged on five criteria. These criteria are:
- Market opportunity and size.
- Demonstrable impact: measurable social or environmental impact and a model that can scale.
- Sound business model and organizational strategy.
- Financial feasibility and sustainability: can earn revenue.
- Skills, experience and commitment of management team.
Each of the countries participating in The Venture have their own application opening and closing dates. Please check when you can apply for The Venture 2017 by referencing your country’s dates in the table below:
- Kenya From September 5th 2016 to November 11th 2016
- Nigeria: October 10th 2016 to November 4th 2016
- South Africa: September 15th to November 11th 2016