Innovation Prize for Africa 2017
Five years ago, AIF initiated the IPA to support African innovators by unlocking their potential and catalyzing the African innovation spirit, promoting home-grown solutions for Africa’s prosperity.
We seek to:
- Increase Africa’s prosperity through investing in home-grown innovations and entrepreneurship
- Strengthen African innovation ecosystems through our platforms and mobilize a network of innovation enablers, driving business development and cross-collaboration.
- Demonstrate that African ingenuity exists at a Pan African level through honouring outstanding innovations and recognizing their positive impact in Africa and beyond
Today, IPA is a leading platform on the African innovation landscape; it has a network of 6000+ African innovators spanning 50 countries; 45 of the continent’s top innovators and 35+ innovation enablers.
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER: US$ 100,000
- SECOND PRIZEWINNER: US$ 25,000
- SPECIAL PRIZE FOR SOCIAL IMPACT INNOVATION: US$ 25,000
The Priority Areas:
Criteria for Selection:
- In the overall assessment of winning applications, the winners are established with reference to:
- The uniqueness of their innovations and superiority to similar or alternative solutions;
- The size and nature of positive social impact that can be attributed to application of their innovation;
- The potential of the innovation to become a commercial success or sustainable (for social innovations).