Impactlabs is an initiative launched by students and graduates of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University. The first ImpactLabs Summer Workshop was held at the University of Lagos in 2014. In 2015, the second workshop was held at Bells University of Technology, Ota, Nigeria. Summer Workshop participants work in groups to build projects across a number of themes, gaining hands-on experience combining techniques in software and engineering design into real-life technology.
The 2017 program will be residential, and will take place from August 14-25, 2017 at the University of Benin, Benin, Edo State.
- Between SS1 in high school and third year in the university. Those who have finished high school but waiting for admission to the university are also eligible.
- You are available to move to a hostel at the University of Benin by Sunday August 13th 2017 and stay until at least Friday August 25th 2017.
- You will only need to cover your cost of transportation.
- Resides in Nigeria
- Currently in an academic level anywhere between S.S 1 (high school) and 300 level (university).
- All concentrations are welcome. MITLabs encourage applicants with some interest in engineering.
- Impact Labs will provide accommodation and material costs during the duration of the program. However, the students arranged transportation to and from the University of Benin.
You will find some 250-words-or-less essays to write. You may want to prepare your answer first and just copy and paste while filling the form:
– Why are you interested in being a participant of Impact Labs 2017?
– Describe the community you come from. Ex: I come from a family of 4 in Ogun State. At home, I am the eldest daughter which means that I usually…
– If we gave N200,000 today to impact your school, how would you use the money?
– What do you think is the biggest challenge in your community today?
Application deadline is july7th 2017
For more information please visit the links below