The Africa Energy Ideas Competition is for early-stage business ideas. Across Africa, the key energy challenge is how to electrify millions of households, remote communities and small-scale entrepreneurs as quickly as possible. This competition engages young professionals from Africa to develop innovative ideas with a focus on solutions that are sustainable, affordable and commercially viable to urgently tackle the African energy challenge. It is supported by the NEF2017 corporate sponsors.
- Young professionals between the ages of 18 and 35 years from Africa are invited to participate in the competition.
- Applications may be submitted by individuals or a team of up to three people. Teams may be formed across different schools, institutions, companies, countries etc. Individuals or teams may submit multiple applications.
Your submission must not exceed 1-side of an A4 page and should include the following:
- Project Title
- Short Abstract (50 words)
- Problem Statement (50 words)
- Your solution (250 words)
- Expected Impact (50 words)
- Are there similar examples (50 words)
- Challenges (50 words)
Submissions must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format by email to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should follow the format: [Country] Title of the Project. Submissions that exceed the word count may be disqualified. Shortlisted submissions would be invited to participate in the final round with a full proposal and short 2-minute video.
Prizes and Recognition
The finalists and winners will be selected by a panel of
academics and experienced development professionals from
public and private sector institutions. Winners of the
competition get the opportunity to:
- Present their ideas at the 2017 Nigeria Energy Forum, in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Benefit from unique networking opportunities with other young leaders as well as some of the most senior decision-makers in government, international development, academia and the private sector.
- Attend a range of business development workshops, receive support from a dedicated start-up incubator and a cash prize of up to $1,000
The first round of submissions will be evaluated using the following attributes:
- Originality and creativity
TimelineDeadline for proposal submission: May 20, 2017Announcement of submissions selected for the final round: June 10, 2017Deadline for final submissions: June 20, 2017Announcement of winners: July 4, 2017For More details and understanding visit the website belowhttps://www.thenef.org/contest