The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the NNPC/Shell/Total/Agip Joint Venture (SPDC JV) announces the commencement of the 2016 LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme specifically targeted at youths in Ogoniland.
LiveWIRE is a youth enterprise development programme supported by the SPDC JV. The programme aims to inspire, encourage and support young entrepreneurs aged 18-35 to start their own businesses through the provision of training and startup finance.
The LiveWIRE programme objectives are to:
• Enable youths to establish businesses by providing business planning and management skills through the ‘Become a Successful Business Owner Course’.
• Provide business startup grants for candidates with the best business plans.
• Link successful candidates to third parties like banks, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and allied financial institutions.
• Provide a volunteer mentoring programme for successful candidates.
• Pre-startup:- Value and Organise Yourself (VOY)
• Bright Ideas workshop
• Business Planning & Management (Become a Successful Business Owner)
• Business Startup (How to access finance & technology)
• Post startup (Mentoring, Incubation, Market linkages)
Male and female applicants who are indigenes of communities in the following 4 Ogoni LGAs in Rivers State: Eleme, Tai, Gokana, and Khana aged between 18-35;
• Must possess a university degree or HND
• Must possess the NYSC discharge certificate or certificate of exemption;
• Must be resident in Rivers State;
• Must have an innovative business idea; and
• Must desire to own and manage a business.
• SPDC DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge.
• SPDC DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘Representatives’/‘Agents’ to assist in the application process.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email
How to apply
Applicants who meet the above eligibility criteria should apply online at: www.livewire-nigeria.org
Monday August 15 to Friday August 26 , 2016
For More Information: