celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2017, a decade-long partnership between Sony and the World Photography Organization, bringing you one of the world’s leading photography competitions. We aim to showcase the best photography in the world from the past year.
Free to enter and open to all photographers, the awards’ are an authoritative voice in the photographic industry, with the power to shape the careers of its winning, shortlisted and commended photographers.
The Sony World Photography Awards has four competitions
*Please note: you may only enter one of the below competitions. Once you have successfully submitted your images into one of the below, you will not be able to enter the other competitions.
- Professional – 10 categories, judged on a body of work (Deadline: 13:00 GMT – January 11, 2018)
- Open – 10 categories, rewarding the best single images (Deadline: 13:00 GMT – January 4, 2018)
○ National Awards – Entries submitted to the Open competition are automatically entered into the National Awards based on nationality
- Youth – for all photographers aged 12-19, a single image responding to one brief (Deadline: 13:00 GMT – January 4, 2018)
- Student Focus – for those studying photography (Deadline: 13:00 GMT – December 4, 2017)
- A total prize fund of $30,000 (USD) plus the latest Sony digital imaging equipment is shared between winning photographers. Photographers are taken on a year-long journey, bringing untold exposure and providing a global stage on which to present their work.
- Each Spring, the hugely popular Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition, featuring a selection of winning, shortlisted and commended images, is curated at the landmark Somerset House, London.
Global exposure is given to not only to the overall winners, but also to shortlisted and commended photographers.
Recognized photographers can receive:
- Exhibition at Somerset House, London
- Potential to be included in international exhibitions
- Inclusion in the annual Sony World Photography Awards book
- Potential to work with Sony and other partners on a variety of projects
The World Photography Organization has a thriving online presence and engages with photography enthusiasts and professionals worldwide via its:
- Social platforms
- International partnerships
- Offline events
the deadline for application is January 18th 2018
For More understanding about the world photography awards please follow the links below