Every year the TED FOLLOW PROGRAMS opens applications to find a new class of extraordinary thinkers and doers. Though we target innovators aged 21 to 40, TED encourage anyone over 18 years old to apply.
- TED look for different applicants than many other leadership-oriented programs. Instead of business people, professionals, policy wonks and government officials, the TED Fellows program focuses on doers, makers, inventors, advocates, filmmakers and photographers, musicians and artists, scientists, entrepreneurs, NGO heads, and human rights activists.
- In addition to impressive accomplishment, fine character and a good heart are two very important traits we look for in a every potential TED Fellow. More than anything, this focus on character has defined the success of the TED Fellows program.
- Once applicant are selected as a TED Fellow, then organizer will cover applicant flights (or equivalent) to and from the TED conference, any visa that may need, room, board + food while at the conference, and a conference pass;
- TED will provide a formal letter of invitation that should be sufficient for most countries’ visa applications;
- Your formal letter of invitation can also be used to document the trip if applicant are a student studying in another country. TED do cover visa application fees;
- Fellows have access to personal mentor ship opportunities.
- The application process
- Candidates may apply to attend either TED or TED Global.
- TED welcome anyone over the age of 18 to apply.
- TED choose 20 Fellows to attend each TED Conference.
The selection process
- TED Fellows are selected by the program staff, with extensive reference checking and consultation with experts across all fields. Selections are made by the group as a whole, not by individuals.
- There is no algorithm for how we select our TED Fellows.
- TED select Fellows based on their accomplishments in their respective fields, the potential impact of their work and also, most importantly, their character.
- The ideal applicant is multidisciplinary in their pursuits, and is at a moment in their career to maximize the support of the TED Community.
deadline for application September 10th 2017
For More Information visit the links below