UN Women Global Champions on Women’s Economic Empowerment 2015
Are you passionate about gender equality and women’s economic empowerment? Would you like to apply your skills to make a difference in your own community and beyond? Do you have access to the internet?
UN Women’s Empower Women is seeking applications from dynamic and creative women and men from all over the world to champion women’s economic empowerment. Apply now to become a Global Champion.
- Individual women and men from different professional backgrounds and skill sets.
- Students are also encouraged to apply.
- You will be expected to use your expertise, skills, and knowledge to promote women’s economic empowerment online and offline.
- You will be able to actively participate and lead online discussions; contribute blog posts; share relevant resources; invite networks to join; and explore innovative tools and solutions for women’s economic empowerment; and develop a personal or group project to empower women online and in your community.
- You will work closely with the Empower Women team at UN Women on a personal or group project; be visible and get recognized for your contributions in front of an audience of 200,000+ people from more than 190 countries; and be able to network with 7,000+ peers and experts.
- You will also have the opportunity to lead and learn new knowledge and skills (through webinars, online discussions, blog posts, and much more).
- Participation is on a voluntary basis. No funds will be available to cover the costs of your participation.
On 8 October 2015, UN Women will invite all eligible applicants to enter a one month rally. The purpose of this rally is for applicants to demonstrate how dynamic, creative and passionate they are in championing women’s economic empowerment in their community.
On 10 November 2015, Empower Women will announce the names of the selected Champions. The Champions will submit an activity plan by 20 November, and work closely with the Empower Women team for a period of five months to put the plan into practice.
Application Deadline: October 1st 2015
Time Required: About three to four hours per week for six months.