Application Deadline:15 December 2015
Shell Ideas360 is a global competition for students to develop an idea that tackle the challenges on food, water and energy resources.
Shell Ideas360 is more than a global competition that connects students to develop ideas to tackle the pressures on the world’s Food, Water and Energy resources. It’s an exciting journey of learning and discovery. Collaborate with like-minded innovators, Shell experts and mentors to expand your horizons.
- Competition is open to any person who is, or will be, the higher of 18 years of age or the age of majority in the Participant’s relevant jurisdiction of residency by 01/12/2015;
- is currently studying (and is officially registered to continue studying until at least 01/12/2015) as a full time or part time undergraduate or postgraduate, excluding those studying for Phd or MPhil degrees, at one of the recognised, degree awarding universities or other equivalent higher education establishments set out on the World Higher Education Database (accessed via whed.net) (an “Eligible Student“).
- Participants who make Stage 1 Submissions by15 December 2015 will each receive a 3 month digital edition subscription for iPad 2+® and iPhone 4+® to Wired magazine.
- Each Individual Participant and Team Participant selected to progress to Stage 2 of the Competition will receive a one-year subscription to National Geographic magazine, All Access (worth £19). This includes digital editions for iPad®, iPhone® & Kindle Fire™ + Online Archive.
- The Individual Participant or each Team Participant in the Team selected as the Winner of the Competition will win a National Geographic Adventure.
- The approximate value of the prize is US $10,000.
- The Promoter will organise and pay for economy-class travel and reasonable accommodation expenses before and/or after the National Geographic Adventure if required to enable the Winner to travel on the National Geographic Adventure.
Stage 1: Formulate
Register online – Explorer the online community – Introductory Google Hangouts
Learn and be inspired
Register and set up your personal profile. You can enter as an individual or as part of a team of up to three people.
You can submit your idea, access Google Hangouts and explore online communities to shape your idea before submission.
Stage 2: Develop
1st February – 6th May 2016
Selected ideas will have access to:
- A designated mentor
- Expert Google Hangouts – support to further develop your idea, Leadership & business skills training to enhance your career
- Stage 3: Pitch
9th May – 29th June 2016
Finalist teams receive:
- A trip to the UK
- 3 days intensive coaching
- Opportunity to pitch ideas to senior Shell executives, innovators and industry leaders
For More Information:
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!