The Barclays Accelerator Powered by Techstars is proud to open its doors in Cape Town, offering a gateway into many of the fastest growing global economies.
Recognised as one of the world’s economic powerhouses, Cape Town will cater to companies addressing opportunities in Africa and emerging markets.
This programme offers innovators and entrepreneurs unprecedented access to leading thinkers at Barclays and to Techstars’ mentor and investor relationships across 14 locations. This latest Barclays Accelerator programme follows successful programmes in London and New York.
- Requirements:With applications open to startups from anywhere in the world, 10 companies will ultimately be selected to move to Cape Town for our 13-week programme.
“The three-month intensive programme has been designed to accelerate new fintech businesses in delivering breakthrough products to market,
- The 13-week programme will tap into this strong financial centre and offer mentorship, support and a wealth of money-can’t-buy knowledge and experience.
- Startups will also gain access to our mentors, industry experts, and Barclays executives globally.
- The Accelerator is looking for a diverse group of businesses, both from within the African continent and from around the globe, to join and help shape the future of financial services.
- The programme will culminate in a ‘Demo Day’ to an audience that comprises industry leaders, serial entrepreneurs, senior executives and corporate partners.