Women and young people are the future and backbone of agricultural development. Promoting agriculture as a business has gained currency in recent times to create more economic value and to encourage youth into agriculture.
Agriculture has been supported by rapid developments in information and communication technologies (ICT). Across developing countries mobile financial services are booming. Likewise, social media and apps help farmers forecast the weather or know about market prices.
Access Agriculture is a non-profit organisation that supports the distribution of quality training videos to share practical knowledge on farming and food processing across the global South. Farmers in Latin America, Africa and Asia can learn from their peers on other continents.
Through the Young Entrepreneur Challenge Fund, Access Agriculture is requesting young people to propose innovative ideas to make a business, or expand their existing business, around the dissemination of agricultural videos. Through this competitive grant, the most inspiring and promising young entrepreneurs will receive a Digisoft smart projector. This projector has an in-built computer and contains the entire Access Agriculture library with over 200 videos in more than 75 international and local languages. The smart projector comes with a battery and a portable solar panel, so videos can be shown without the internet or electricity.
By building on the ICT skills and networks of young men and women, we believe we can better train farmers and make agriculture more attractive to youth and reach more women.
- One person or teams of up to 4 young people can submit a proposal
- Age: younger than 30 years
- Country of residence: any country in Latin America, Africa or Asia-Pacific
- You need to be registered and logged in on Access Agriculture before you can submit an application form
Register or log in here: https://www.accessagriculture.org/user
Proposal guidelines, submission and review process
- Individuals or teams of up to 4 people can submit
- Each person can only be part of one proposal
- Submission of proposals is only through our online system
- The form must be submitted at one sitting, so decide what you want to write for each section and then copy and paste the information into the appropriate section on the form
- No email or other type of applications will be accepted
- You need to present the key ideas of your business proposal as laid out in the submission form
- Proposals need to be submitted before 21st March 2019
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, kindly follow the link below:
Application Deadline: 21st March 2019