ACT foundation is a grant-making organization established with the sole purpose of offering support (Grants) to Non-profit and social enterprise organizations within Africa.
The Grant Application Process
STEP 1: Complete Online Application
The application process will take Six (6) – Eight (8) weeks
• The Foundation only recognizes communication in English. All applications and further correspondences must be communicated only in English.
• All applications will be made via the online application portal.
• Please ensure that you have a strong internet connection to fill in the application online.
• Ensure that you answer all compulsory sections.
• Ensure that you review your information carefully as required before submitting the form.
• The duration of the proposed program must be within a maximum of 12 months
• The Foundation reserves the right to disqualify applications that fall short of the required evaluation criteria
• Any conflict of interest should be declared at the application stage
• Kindly ensure that you submit an active email address while completing the application form
• The Call for Application portal will open 13th October 2022 and close 7th of November 2022 11:59 pm (WAT)
Only organizations whose applications are successful will be contacted to submit full proposals.
STEP 2: REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
The proposal process will take Ten (10) – Fourteen (14) Weeks
• Only successful applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal with a detailed budget for the grants.
• Proposals must indicate a strong Monitoring and Evaluation Plan as well as show a sustainability plan.
• Applicants will be requested to submit the following documents as due diligence will be conducted on all organizations:
o CAC Form 7
o SCMUL Certificate (Special Control Unit Against Money Laundry – scuml)
o Audited financial report from 2015 and above
o Financial Policy
STEP 3: DUE DILIGENCE VISIT AND BACKGROUND CHECK
The due diligence process will take Four (4) – Five (5) Weeks
• Upon final selection of the proposals, organizations will be formally notified of the next steps.
• Interviews and physical visits will occur during this period.
STEP 4: NOTIFICATION OF GRANT AWARD
The notification process will take Two (2) – Three (3) Weeks
• Successful organisations will be notified of the status of their proposal
• Upon final clearance, successful organization will be invited to attend a compulsory onboarding training.
Grant Eligibility Criteria
• Organizations must work within the ACT Foundation’s focus areas of Health, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, and Environment.
• Organizations applying for this grant should be registered with the appropriate legal entity within their respective (African) countries for not less than. TWO years( 24 months).
• Must be legally registered as a nonprofit organization.(GTE/LTD). However, if you are applying as a social enterprise, the Foundation will only fund initiatives that are not for profit.
• It is required that you show a strong governance structure. Kindly note that the details of the board of directors should reflect in the company’s registration documents. If not, please update.
• You will be required to show evidence of other sources of funding.
• The organization applying is required to have a minimum staff strength of 3 part time/full time paid Individuals.
• Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, i.e. not acting as an intermediary;
• Program/Initiative must be implemented in within Africa;
• Program must be innovative and impact driven
How To Apply
Program Deadline: November 7th 2021.
Visit Application Page to apply now