African Leadership Network is now accepting nominations for the 2015 Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship. Dubbed the ‘Oscars of Entrepreneurship in Africa’, this prestigious awards program identifies 13 of the leading entrepreneurs in Africa each year. AAE was established in 2007 by the Legatum Group to recognize business leaders who demonstrate innovation, profitability, and business excellence while serving as role models to inspire Africa’s next generation of entrepreneurs in Africa. ALN creates and strengthens relationships between these leaders to encourage intra-African trade, investment, and collaboration.
The AAE’s objectives are to:
- Create a platform to spotlight and celebrate business excellence in Africa
- Build a strong network of African entrepreneurs as role models and a source of best practice
- Promote entrepreneurship as a driving force for Africa’s prosperity
- Encourage aspiring entrepreneurs to embrace the challenges and rewards of entrepreneurship
- Attract venture capital inflows towards good businesses across the continent
Over the last 7 years, AAE has attracted over 7,000 applications and awarded over $1.8 million in prizes to 35 entrepreneurs in the following categories:
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Awarded to a senior African business leader who has served as an entrepreneurial icon for several decades and has left an enduring legacy of success in Africa.
- Transformational Business Award – Awarded to a notable business with revenues greater than USD 50 million
- Outstanding Mature Business Award – Awarded to a business with revenues between USD 5 million and 50 million
- Outstanding Growing Business Award –Awarded to a business with revenues between USD 500,000 and 5 million
- Outstanding Social Entrepreneur Award –Awarded to an organization with revenues between USD 150,000 and 2.5 million that is addressing a social problem for communities in Africa
How to Apply
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!