What is Africa ClimAccelerator?
Africa ClimAccelerator is the first Pan-African climate accelerator focused on supporting the most promising climate impact ideas and those who put the objective of enhancing sustainability at the forefront of their own mission and growth.
We support early-stage businesses with climate tech solutions by providing support and capacity building.
Start-ups can receive up to €12.000(EURO) in grant funding. In addition to the grant, start-ups will receive training, mentorship, one on one support and investment readiness preparation.
The 6-month long accelerator provides the support you need to validate your start-up’s business model, build solid customer traction, structure your organization, prepare you to raise early-stage funding, and explore how (through your business model) you can generate maximum social and environmental benefit.
Startups are invited to apply from East, West, South and North Africa.
After acceptance into the programme, you will be provided with tailored support in line with following:
- Stage 1 – Validation of business model: This stage focuses on business model generation and validation, organizational goal setting and how to overcome barriers in scaling climate innovations
- Stage 2 – Go-to-market: Startups receive support in developing a unique value proposition , conduct a competitive landscape and interrogate the business processes a and setup to build an efficient and effective sales and business development engine for increased reach and revenue growth
- Stage 3 – Investment readiness: Guidance on financial & business planning and investor readiness to reach out to potential investors
The programme will climax in a Demo Day in which start-ups will have the opportunity to pitch their businesses to investors and other potential partners. This will also be an opportunity for all start-ups to present their journey and achievements throughout the programme.
Why join the Africa ClimAccelerator?
Maximise your climate and social impact
- Use our bespoke tools to measure, monitor, and maximise your climate and social impact
Access to specialised business knowledge and expertise
- Attend customized workshops and trainings to accelerate your startup by experts from across Climate-KIC, GrowthAfrica, and the Carbon Trust
Access a network of business and technical mentors
- One-to-one sessions with experienced mentors active across the climate innovation ecosystem
- Learn from and partner with high-growth climate startups from across Africa
Connect with investors
- Receive financial readiness support and connecting with the climate investors most active across the continent
- Receive up to €12,000 in grant funding, and access to follow-on funding opportunities
Join a growing community
- Connect with leading actors and partners in the fast-growing climate tech ecosystem in Africa and internationally
The working language for the Africa ClimAccelerator is English. Therefore, all communications, content and training will be done in the English language.
Start-ups must be registered or plan to register (by the end of the program) in any African country.
You can apply if your start-up is operating in Southern Africa, East Africa, West Africa, and North Africa.
Applications are open to all eligible applicants.
The Africa ClimAccelerator is a 6-month long programme running from November 2021 to April 2022, targeting 15 innovative, climate focused early stage ventures in Africa
The Africa ClimAccelerator is suitable for innovative climate focused early-stage start-ups. Your business must have a viable business model and achieved proof of concept.
How To Apply
Application closes November 7 2021.