The aim of the 2022 AgriPitch Competition is to support agripreneurs by focusing on building the bankability of their businesses and ensuring that they are pitch ready for potential investors.
Entrepreneurs will be coached and mentored in an interactive and tailored two-week training to review, prepare and present their businesses for capital raising from investors.
The short listed successful agripreneurs will pitch to the judges and engage investors in the AgriPitch dealroom.
|Early Start-ups (0-3 years)|
- Meet eligibility criteria for Early Start-ups.
- Individuals who are at the very early stage of developing ideas/concepts for agripreneurship or a newly established business.
- Must have a clearly defined prototype or proof of concept.
- May or may not have had any products introduced to the market.
- May or may not have a registered corporate entity.
|Mature Start-ups (above 3 years)|
- Individuals and firms with existing market traction: technology, product or service, already in the market.
- Must have a clear investment ask and growth plan/strategy.
- Must be a registered corporate entity.
|Women-empowered Businesses (WEBs)|
- Meet eligibility requirements for either Early Start-ups or Mature Start-ups.
- Firms that are 51% owned by women or founded by a woman.
What to Expect
AgriPitch falls under the African Development Bank’s fourth African Youth Agripreneurs Forum (AYAF) which is a platform for Africa’s youth who are interested in the agriculture startup scene.
In line with the 2022 theme, the AgriPitch Dealroom will be held virtually. The Bank, through the 2022 Virtual Investor Dealroom, aims to create access to capital and markets which are often the two main hurdles for youth agripreneurs to overcome when scaling up their businesses.
The AgriPitch online programme includes a training session (Bootcamp) on strategic partnerships for equity in agriculture, nutrition, and financing the youth and women.
In the two-week-long business development boot camp, AgriPitch competitors can attend virtual sessions on product development, revenue channel identification, logistics, marketing, business management, investment readiness, financing, and other issues, led by trainers and coaches.
Following the training and bootcamp, the participating agripreneurs will receive follow-up mentorship and coaching (virtually) for a period of six months. The mentorship activity will also link the AgriPitch participants to relevant resources throughout the six month period and beyond.
How to Apply
The deadline for registration is November 4 2022
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!