In 2014, Chivas Regal launched The Venture, a $1million annual fund and global search to reward those who are using business to create positive change. Over the last two years we have invested $2 Million in a new generation of extraordinary startups, that do well by doing good, because we believe generosity and success go hand in hand.
If you run an innovative social business that is helping to create a better future, we want to hear from you. Successful applicants will have a chance to pitch for a share of The Venture’s $1Million fund and will receive world-class mentorship to help accelerate their growth.
- Chivas are looking for social entrepreneurs who have a registered, for-profit startup or business.
- Chivas are searching for businesses in seed stage (which means the product is still in prototype stage and the business is not yet generating revenue from customers or users yet), startup stage (which means the business has a working prototype of its concept, ideally with some demonstrable user traction, generating a maximum of US $500,000 – or local currency equivalent – in annual revenues and has been incorporated for no more than three years) or growth stage (which means the business is beyond the working prototype stage, and can show significant user traction and sales, generating a maximum of US $1 million – or local currency equivalent – in annual revenues and has been incorporated for more than three years).
- You will have a strong vision, a compelling idea and a solid business plan.
- You’ll also need to showcase how your business has a positive impact and articulate how funding would help to take your business to the next level.
- You must be over 25 to enter The Venture.
A SHARE OF THE $1MILLION FUND
- If you are selected to take part in the global final, you’ll have the opportunity to win a share of $1 Million in funding. Each finalist will have the chance to tell us how much funding they seek and how they believe this will make a difference for their business.THE VENTURE ACCELERATOR WEEK:
- Over the course of a week, all the finalists will take part in a variety of intensive business master-classes at some of the world’s leading businesses to help them sharpen their skills.MENTORED BY THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS:
- We have recruited a team of experts in partnership with the Skoll centre at Oxford University to provide business and pitching support to The Venture’s global finalists.GLOBAL EXPOSURE:
- The global finalists will feature on The Venture website and crowdfunding site IndieGogo. Our international campaign will reach millions of people around the world, offering incredible exposure for your business.LOCAL PRIZES:
- The Venture is an international project with some of the participating countries offering additional prizes. Check your local Terms & Conditions to discover what else The Venture could offer your business.
Every submission will be judged on five criteria. These criteria are:
- Market opportunity and size.
- Demonstrable impact: measurable social or environmental impact and a model that can scale.
- Sound business model and organizational strategy.
- Financial feasibility and sustainability: can earn revenue.
- Skills, experience and commitment of management team.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly visit the link below to apply
Application Deadline:9am GMT October 30th 2017
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!