Candidates for the Google for Education Certified Innovator program are selected based on their professional experience, their passion for teaching and learning, their innovative use of technology in school settings, their potential to impact other educators, and their desire to tackle some of the biggest challenges in education. They are ambassadors for change who empower other educators and students through a thriving innovation culture within their own classrooms, schools and organizations.
Innovation occurs at all levels in the school system, so we welcome applicants from all roles: classroom teachers to superintendents. As participants in a community of educators working together to improve schools, Innovators will transform the organizations they’re serving, advocate for change, and grow their own capacity as thought leaders.
Innovation Projects are the tools through which Innovators implement and measure their impact. Although the mission and outcomes of each Innovation Project will vary from person to person, here are some principles that will guide development:
- Have a mission that matters: Your mission should be something you care about and has the potential to touch many lives
- Think big, but start small: No matter how ambitious the plan is, you have to start somewhere
- Iterate and fail fast: We’re not looking for perfection, we’re looking for continual innovation
- Share everything: Encourage discussion, collaboration, and the exchange of ideas
- Spark with imagination, fuel with data: Use data to backup your insights or help you pivot directions
All projects should drive change in education, impact educators and students, and be documented for other educators to follow.
- Certified Innovator digital badge + pin checkmark
- Visibility in the Google for Education Directory checkmark
- Monthly learning and development resources checkmark
- Membership in a collaborative community of Innovators checkmark
- Exclusive looks at new Google for Education launches checkmark
- Serve as product ambassadors in focus groups checkmark
- Online showcase of your Innovation Project
How to Apply
If you are interested in this programme, kindly visit the link below to apply
Application Deadline: The deadline varies