The MTFC Agric Challenge is aimed at promoting innovative ideas and enterprises that focus on food production, agro processing, farmers’ education, soil protection, agri-technology, and any other service in the agriculture value chain. The program will guide farmers and agribusinesses around their way in the industry and open them up to opportunities in the regions yet untapped. We will do this through a combination of financial support, consulting, guidance and access to market. The challenge will hold in Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Nigeria and the Grand Finale holding in UAE.
To promote innovative ideas and enterprises that focus on agriculture and help them improve their business operations while providing a platform to showcase their innovation.
Who can participate?
Entrepreneurs and Innovators in the Agric sector who are involved in any aspect of the Agriculture Value Chain and who are currently applying innovative methods to their enterprise.
To be eligible for the challenge, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an early stage innovative agribusiness that is original and currently running.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and be committed to the business
- Must have with an eye for social impact
- Must have tested the technical aspects of the idea, or a prototype (For Idea Stage)
- Have a revenue model and/or be generating revenue.
- Must have been in operations (since launch date) for at least 6 months.
- Have a functional and exciting product/idea that leverages on technology innovation.
- Application: Complete the online application form and submit on or before June 30, 2018.
- Submission Review: The applications will be reviewed by a team of industry experts with a focus on the business and technical aspects of each application.
- Selection: Will be based on innovativeness of the idea, originality, feasibility and the personality of the founders. Selected Ideas will be announced and invited for the pitch challenge in each country.
- Pitch Challenge: Selected businesses will have the opportunity to exhibit and participate in the regional satellite conferences. A winner will emerge from each region and then go on an All-expense paid to the United Arab Emirates to participate in the MTFC grand finale and pitch for the top prize in Dubai.
- Grand Finale: Winners from each regional conference (4) will later battle for the chance to win USD 5,000 and will be given the opportunity to exhibit at the MTFC Finale, as well as gain access to other business opportunities.
Benefits and opportunities includes:
- USD 5,000 Grand Prize in grants to the winning team
- All expense paid trip Dubai for the MTFC Conference
- Follow-on Funding and Investment Opportunities
- Hands on Business and Administrative Support
- Opportunities for business expansion
- Access to experts and mentors
- Validation and Visibility for the participating agribusinesses
- Access to our network of Corporate partners and industry relationships
- Connect with potential customers and investors
- Provides opportunities to connect with potential customers and investors.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly follow the link below to apply
Click here to apply for the Innov8agric Challenge – Win $5000 and More at the MTFC Agric Challenge
Deadline: June 30, 2018.