As you know, ITU Digital World 2020 has been postponed to Q4 2021 as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The crisis has revealed just how much we depend on digital technology in every area of our personal and professional lives.
So now more than ever, we need creative SMEs with innovative tech solutions – and tech SMEs, startups and entrepreneurs need support and encouragement from the industry.
The ITU Digital World SME Virtual Awards are an opportunity to recognize excellent innovative tech solutions, build resilience and foster investment in tech SMEs in the midst of this crisis.
Any startup or SME with an innovative tech solution in one of the following four sectors:
innovative solutions to increasing universal access to the internet.
Smart cities, smart living
using digital tech innovatively to improve urban life and beyond in areas such as energy, transport, planning, food management, commerce and education.
using technology to improve healthcare through remote diagnosis and treatment, care in the home, monitoring and prevention.
ICT-based initiatives focused on increasing and improving access to the economy for the banked and unbanked.
- All eligible applicants will be invited to take part in a series of online masterclasses on pitching to clients, raising funding and developing capacity in November 2020. A selected shortlist of entrants will be asked to pitch live online to our expert jury of investors, business and tech specialists.
- The winners will receive UN recognition, online visibility on the ITU Digital World website, a unique certificate of achievement – and an invitation (an Executive pass) to join us at ITU Digital World 2021 in Ha Noi, Viet Nam, in Q42021 to take part in the full SME Programme on site and in person.
- Be concise. Include only the most essential information needed for the jury to assess your business.
- By filling in this form, you acknowledge that all information (including financials) is accurate.
- To be eligible to enter the Awards you must meet your country’s national criteria for a startup or SME, have less than 250 employees and have an annual revenue of less than CHF 50 million.
- Each SME can apply to one Awards Category only
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, kindly follow the link below to apply
Application Deadline: October 5th 2020