The University of St Andrews and independent exploration and production company ConocoPhillips announce the call for entries for the St Andrews Prize for the Environment 2019.
The primary objective of the Prize is to find innovative solutions to environmental challenges across the world. The solutions should be practical, scalable and able to be replicated in other places, combining good science, economic reality and political acceptability. The Prize offers people from all backgrounds around the world the chance to help transform their environmental ideas into reality and provides a network of connections and support.
The St Andrews Prize for the Environment is a joint environmental initiative by the University of St Andrews in Scotland, which attracts scholars of international repute and carries out world-class teaching and research, and independent exploration and production company ConocoPhillips. Recognising significant contributions to environmental conservation, since its launch in 1998, the Prize has attracted more than 5,400 entries from around the world and donated approximately $2 million USD to environmental initiatives on a wide range of topics including biodiversity, sustainable development, urban re-generation, recycling, health, water and waste, renewable energy and community development. The submissions for the Prize are assessed by eminent Trustees from science, industry and government.
- Anyone wishing to enter the 2019 Prize should complete the online entry form via this website by Friday, 25 May 2018.
- The shortlisted entries will be invited for a more substantial submission later in the year. Three submissions will then be selected as finalists and they will be asked to attend a seminar at the University of St Andrews in February 2019.
- Following presentation of their projects in English to the Trustees and invited delegates at the seminar, the winner will be selected and announced.
- Be related to sustainable development and be aligned with the UN Goals for Sustainable Development – explain the alignment.
- Be related to community progress allied with smart and innovative development and use of the earth’s environmental resources from air, land and sea.
- Be replicable from one geographic area to another and ideally be scalable in size.
- Have a clearly defined need for funding that will make a step change to the applicant’s aims.
- Have the ability to inspire others in the field.
- Contribute to the global pursuit of sustainability in the short to long-term.
- Applications are invited from individuals, multi-disciplinary teams or community groups for this annual prize, which is $100,000 USD for the winner and $25,000 USD for each of the other two finalists.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly visit the link below to apply
Click here to apply for the St Andrews Prize for the Environment 2019
Application Deadline: Friday, 25 May 2018.