The application process for the 2019 Ashden Awards is now open. On 13 June 2019, 10 winners from around the world will receive a prize fund and global recognition for their achievements in increasing access to sustainable energy, promoting sustainable travel and helping build a low-carbon future.
- Award of up to £20,000
- National and international media exposure
- Tailored support to develop your work even further
- Media materials to help you tell your story
- Businesses, NGOs, social enterprises and government organisations
- The application can be for a specific renewable energy or energy efficiency programme, enterprise or building, or for a specific product or service. This may be the whole work of an organisation or part of it.
- The work must be proven on the market and have been delivered for at least one year.
- The work must be delivered in at least one of the UN’s developing regions of Africa, Caribbean, Central America, South America, Asia (excluding Japan) and Oceania (excluding Australia and New Zealand) and can be in rural or urban areas. High-income countries in these regions, as defined by the World Bank, are not eligible to apply.
In 2019 we will be awarding work that fits into the following categories and also meets the key criteria listed below. When completing your application please indicate the specific category/categories you feel are most relevant to your work. We will consider your application in categories other than the ones you have indicated if we feel they fit your work more closely.
- Sustainable Cities and Buildings: Organisations working in the built environment to rapidly decarbonise urban buildings and districts, including retrofitting existing buildings, as well as the design and construction of new buildings
- Sustainable Mobility: Innovative enterprises or programmes that are improving access to sustainable transport and mobility services for those who currently have inadequate access, and having a measurable impact on greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution or congestion
- Powering Business: We are looking for enterprises or programmes providing and/or using sustainable energy or energy efficiency in the provision of goods and services to produce income or value
- Clean Cooking: We are seeking organisations accelerating the uptake of cleaner and more efficient cooking solutions which reduce indoor air pollution, improve health and protect the environment
- Sustainable Energy & Healthcare: We are looking for organisations providing and/or using sustainable forms of energy to support the provision of healthcare services, including solutions for mobile, emergency and humanitarian contexts, cold-chain and other eco-system needs
How to Apply:
Kindly visit the link below to submit your application
Application Deadline: 6 November 2018 at 11.59pm GMT.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!