6th edition of the HT Challenge, a world-renowned deep tech startup competition
The Hello Tomorrow Challenge is a global startup competition for promising early-stage projects & startups harnessing science & technology to solve the world’s toughest challenges. The Challenge gives scientists and deeptech entrepreneurs around the globe a platform for their research and projects, providing participants with equity-free funding, global visibility and connections with key players in the deeptech innovation network and other fellow entrepreneurs. To date, previous early-stage participants have raised more than $300 million in funding.
The Challenge covers 14 tracks:
- ADVANCED COMPUTING & AI
- CYBERSECURITY & COMMUNICATION
- DIGITAL HEALTH & MEDICAL DEVICES
- DRUG DISCOVERY
- FOOD & AGRICULTURE
- INDUSTRIAL BIOTECH
- INDUSTRY 4.0
- MEDICAL BIOTECH
- NEW SPACE
- SMART CITY
Top projects from around the world will have a chance to attend our annual Hello Tomorrow GlobalSummit (6th edition), on March 12th-13th 2020 in Paris.
- Connections: Build strong relationships with deep tech focused investors, industry leaders, experts and fellow entrepreneurs from around the globe.
- Visibility: Be endorsed as one of the best deep tech startups worldwide.
Make it to the Finals and pitch in front of the best audience of your life at the Global Summit in Paris!
- Funding: More than €230K equity-free funding and direct access to 200+ VCs and CVCs
You are eligible if:
- Your team is made up of two persons or more
- Your project is based on a new technology, a scientific discovery, a complex engineering process or an innovative application of an existing technology
- You are in early-stage development (not more advanced than Series A funding round) – not yet incorporated projects are also accepted
- You are solving an industrial, societal or environmental challenge
- Innovation: The company must develop a product/service based on a new technology or an innovative application of an existing technology.
- Potential impact: The company must have the potential to make a substantial long-term impact on business and/or society.
- Leadership: The company must have visionary leadership with the capabilities to drive the company towards success.
- Viability: The company should have well-formulated plans for developments and goals and a sustainable business model
- Applications are free
- Applications are open until September 13th, 2019
|Program dates||June 4 – 9:00 AM – September 13, 2019 – 11:30 PM|
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Réunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Sectors: Artificial intelligence, Automotive, Big data, Biotechnology and medical research, Clean technology and energy, Food and beverage, Food production, Green transportation and electric motors, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Renewable energy, Sports and wellness