The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the NNPC/Shell/ Total/Agip Joint Venture (SPDC JV) announces the 2016 LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme for youths from Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers States.
LiveWIRE is a youth enterprise development programme supported by the SPDC JV. The programme aims to inspire, encourage and support young entrepreneurs aged 18-35 to start their own businesses through the provision of training and start-up finance.
The LiveWIRE programme objectives are to:
- Enable youths to establish businesses by providing business planning and management skills through the ‘Become a Successful Business Owner Course’.
- Provide business startup grants for candidates with the best business plans.
- Link successful candidates to third parties like banks, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and allied financial institutions.
- Provide a volunteer mentoring programme for successful candidates.
- Pre-startup:- Value and Organise Yourself (VOY)
- Bright Ideas workshop
- Business Planning & Management (Become a Successful Business Owner)
- Business Startup (How to access finance & technology)
- Post startup (Mentoring, Incubation, Market linkages)
- Male and female applicants from Bayelsa Delta and Rivers States aged between 18-35;
- Must possess a university degree or HND
- Must possess the NYSC discharge certificate or certificate of exemption;
- Must be resident in Delta, Bayelsa, or Rivers States;
- Must have an innovative business idea; and
- Must desire to own and manage a business.
• SPDC DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS.
The application is entirely FREE of charge.
• SPDC DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘Representatives’/‘Agents’ to assist in the application process.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email/sms.
How to apply
Applicants who meet the above eligibility criteria should apply online at: www.livewire-nigeria.org
Wednesday October 12 to Tuesday October 25, 2016.