- Applicants must be a woman-owned or operated (i.e. women in leadership positions including founder, CEO, president, or managing director) commercial enterprise that is selling products or services in smallholder agricultural or livestock markets.
- Companies must be headquartered in a sub- Saharan African country where USAID currently operates
- Companies should have viable business models and incorporate and ultimately benefit smallholder farmers in at least one the following areas:
- This prize will help woman-led enterprises access capital to scale improved agricultural products and services in smallholder markets.
- The selected finalists will receive investment readiness consulting services and investor matchmaking support.
- This RFA will identify woman-owned or women-operated, for-profit businesses that match the evaluation criteria set forth in Section IV. Up to two companies will be awarded a package of technical assistance valued at $50,000. The technical assistance package will include:
- The application must be typed with a minimum 11-point font. Please do not include any hyperlinks to external documents, websites, videos, or other sites in your application as these will not be considered by the reviewers. Any information about your concept should be captured in the application form.
- Applicants may submit questions to email@example.com until March 26, 2018. All questions and responses will be posted on the AgTechXChange (http://agtech.partneringforinnovation.org) no later than March 29, 2018.
- All applications must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your organization and “Accelerating Women Entrepreneurs” in the subject line. Receipt of submitted application will be confirmed. Only documents in Microsoft Word or PDF format will be accepted.
Issuance of this RFA does not constitute an award or commitment on the part of Partnering for Innovation, nor does it commit the US government or Partnering for Innovation to pay for costs incurred in the preparation and submission of an application.
Applications must be received by April 25 , 2018 at 18:00 Eastern Daylight Time.
Applications will not be considered if delivered in hard copy form. Applications will not be considered if incomplete or received after the deadline. Review of applications will take place in April 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified of next steps in May 2018.
How to Apply and more information:
Visit the link below to learn more and how to apply
Application Deadline: April 25, 2018 at18:00 Eastern Daylight Time