World Food Programme (WFP) announced the application for the Global Innovation Challenge 2019. WFP Global Innovation Challenge 2019 is seeking high-potential solutions to disrupt hunger worldwide.
The applications are assessed according to a standard set of criteria and are reviewed by both WFP and external experts.
How does the WFP Global Innovation Challenge work:
Innovation Bootcamp: Selected teams deep dive field-level challenges, ideate solutions and refine project plans. The Bootcamp will be held in Munich, Germany.
Pitch Night: After the week-long Bootcamp culminates with Pitch Night. It’s an opportunity for teams to share their solutions with an audience of investors and industry leaders who can help them bring to scale.
Sprint Programme: The best teams are selected to participate in a 3- to 6-month Sprint Programme, where they receive up to USD 100,000 in funding, field access, and hands-on support so that they can test the solution’s impact and scalability for WFP. To support implementation, the Accelerator helps teams connect with a global network of mentors, including the private sector and non-profit experts, donors and WFP Country Offices.
- Your start-up must be incorporated at the time of application. It can be for-profit or not-for-profit.
- Your innovation must at least be at the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof-of-concept and initial traction are preferred.
- Your solution should be financially viable.
- Your proposal must show how working with WFP will serve your long-term strategy.
For WFP employee…
- Your team must have evidence of Country Office support and management buy-in.
- You are encouraged to apply, regardless of your contract type or function.
- We accept project applications from WFP employees who are collaborating with NGOs, government or private sectors.
Funding: Receive up to $100,000 in equity-free funding
Access to WFP Operations: Successful teams will get an opportunity to work with WFP
Hands-On Support: Get a chance to work with technical and industry mentors
Networking: Teams will be able to tap into and leverage our strong network of public, private, and government partners to accelerate implementation.
Startups application form
Application portal for WFP employees
|Theme||: Zero Hunger|
|Applicant Country||: WorldWide|
|For more information||: The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)|