The Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards recognize global excellence in food innovation and community impact.
Arrell Food Institute recognizes global leaders who are ensuring future food security for the planet, and hopes to inspire new leaders to take bold steps towards change. Scientific excellence and community engagement are necessary to overcome the challenges our world will face in feeding 9 billion people and beyond.
TWO PRIZES, OF AT LEAST $100,000 CAD EACH, ARE AWARDED ANNUALLY.
The first award recognizes a researcher, or group of researchers, who has an advanced understanding of food production, processing, distribution, consumption, safety, and/or human nutrition, with a significant positive impact on society.
Learn Quran in a more exciting way!
Quran recitation brings many rewards. Muslims earn great rewards for reciting the Quran and implementing it in their daily life routine.
The second award recognizes an individual, or group of individuals, who has contributed to improved nutritional health and/or food security, with a focus on strengthening disadvantaged communities.
Fields of achievement for the scientific award include, but are not limited to, food science, crop or livestock genetics, agro-ecology, pest management, supply chain management, soil health, human nutrition, food processing, food packaging, or food safety.
Fields of achievement for the community award include, but are not limited to, household nutrition, urban poverty, Aboriginal food security, traditional food systems, socioeconomic policy, poverty elimination, or community development.
• Citizens of any country are eligible for nomination, with no restrictions on gender, race, religion, creed or residency.
• Nominations may come from private companies, academic institutions, governmental units, charitable foundations, and not-for-profit organisations. In the case of multiple nominations from a single organization, only the one with the latest date will be accepted.
Terms of the Prize
The Arrell Food Prizes come with the following terms:
• Each of the two prizes will be worth $125,000 CAD comprising a $100,000 cash award for the personal use of recipients and up to $25,000 per award for travel and accommodation of the recipients, administered by the Arrell Food Institute at the University of Guelph.
• An award citation and a commemorative item will also be presented.
• Recipients are expected to participate in a program of events. In particular, award recipients may be asked to attend the next Arrell Food Summit. There may also be other engagements organized, subject to mutual availability.
• Given the current global pandemic a determination on the travel and accommodation component of the award will be made some time during the 2021 calendar year
Nominations for 2021 will open December 1, 2020. Nominations will close February 28, 2021.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, kindly follow the link below to apply
Application Deadline: February 28, 2021.