The application process for the 2018 Ashden Awards is now open. On 14 June 2018, 10 winners from around the world will receive a prize fund and global recognition for their achievements in increasing access to sustainable energy, promoting sustainable travel and helping build a low-carbon future.
- Businesses, NGOs, social enterprises and government organisations
- The application can be for a specific renewable energy or energy efficiency programme, enterprise or building, or for a specific product or service. This may be the whole work of an organisation or part of it.
- The work must be proven on the market and have been delivered for at least one year.
- The work must be delivered in at least one of the UN’s developing regions of Africa, Caribbean, Central America, South America, Asia (excluding Japan) and Oceania (excluding Australia and New Zealand) and can be in rural or urban areas. High-income countries in these regions, as defined by the World Bank, are not eligible to apply.
- Finance and business innovation for delivering sustainable energy: Organisations or enterprises accelerating access to sustainable energy through innovation
- Sustainable cities and buildings: Organisations working in the built environment to rapidly decarbonise towns and cities
- Sustainable transport and mobility: Innovative enterprises or programmes that are improving access to sustainable mobility services for those who currently have poor access
- Powering business: Enterprises or programmes which provide and/or use clean energy or energy efficiency in the provision of goods and services through business activities
- Energy access frontiers: Organisations improving energy access in areas where the market for sustainable energy products and services is underdeveloped and energy access penetration is low
- Sustainable energy and health: Organisations enabling the use of sustainable forms of energy to make a direct improvement to people’s health or to support the provision of health services
- Award of up to £20,000
- National and international media exposure
- Tailored support to develop your work even further
- Media materials to help you tell your story
How to apply:
Follow the link below to apply
Application Deadline: 7 November 2017 at 11.59pm GMT.