Following multiple highly successful cycles of the Global Citizen Scholarship Program, the Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens (BKMC) is pleased to announce a new call for applications for the sixth round of our GC Scholarship, with the goal of empowering young African global citizens who are passionate about taking action to achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The GC Scholarship is a fully virtual scholarship program that empowers young African change-makers to address one or more of the SDGs in their community by proposing and implementing a localized SDG Micro-Project whilst also benefitting from a summer school as well as various expert trainings and workshops on specific topics
- a young and active African global citizen leader between 20 – 35 years
- passionate about taking action for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- keen to learn more about entrepreneurship for sustainable development during an online summer school with MCI Innsbruck and
- ready to address one or more of the SDGs in your community by proposing and implementing a localized SDG Micro-Project during the scholarship period from May – December 2023
Do you have…
- a minimum English level – B2
- completed at least 1 year of a master’s program, or been working towards a PhD, or are you within 2 years of graduation from a master’s program or higher.
If your answer is YES, then GET STARTED and nominate yourself!
During the nomination process you will need to enter:
- Your personal details (e.g. name, contact information, date of birth, address, citizenship, gender, education, language competence, short profile description)
- Your professional details (e.g. academic titles, name of organization, function)
- SDG Micro-Project information (title, issues and SDGs tackled, general process and implementation)
At the final stage of the nomination process you will be prompted to attach the following:
- a motivation letter (max 250 words)
- a portrait photo of yourself (JPEG or PNG format)
- an introduction video of yourself (max 30 seconds, MP4 or MOV format)
- your CV
How to Apply
Deadline for application is 9th April 2023
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!