Do you have the idea that will revolutionise the world around you? Barclays Africa invites teams of innovators to submit ideas that will shake up the supply chain and add real value for millions of people.
The focus for this challenge is supply chain transparency. The supply chain, the journey of a product from manufacture to consumer, is often disjointed and inefficient. Currently there is a huge amount of interest in how we can increase this transparency of origin, not least with the use of blockchain technology. See details.
Eligibility/Criteria For Entry
- Propose a solution that creates more transparency between sellers and buyers, producers and consumers, throughout the supply chain.
- Use blockchain, distributed ledger or any other technology.
- The challenge is open to individuals, teams and start-ups based in Africa
- Entrants should be aged between 18–35 years
- Can be for any industry – textiles, mining, finance, food, water and more.
There will be five finalists. One member from each team will be invited to Cape Town on an all-expenses-paid trip to pitch their idea. They will receive professional pitch coaching and will present the idea to a panel of industry experts and Barclays executives.
Of the five finalists, one winning entry will be crowned ‘Barclays Africa Innovation Challenge Winner 2015’. The team will also receive $10 000 USD in prize money and a Barclays mentor for 6 months.
How to Enter
Register at the Barclay Innovation Challenge portal. Then, login and follow entry instructions.
Each entry must include:
- Description of the idea/business
- Team overview
- Target customer or market
- Revenue model/financials
- Short video
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!