Entries for the 7th edition of the annual Port Harcourt Book Festival (PHBF) Master Class are now being accepted. The Master Class is a creative platform where writers sit under the tutelage of their established counterparts. This year’s session will focus on Business Writing and Non-Fiction.
The Business Writing workshop is for entrepreneurs, business professionals, and individuals who occupy managerial positions in an organization.
The Non-Fiction workshop is targeted at individuals who specialize in Non-fiction writing. Only participants who demonstrate skill and desire to improve on their skills with credible sample writings can apply.
Participants are required to submit samples of their writing in line with the requirements for the master class beforeFriday, 19th September, 2014, to secure a place.
All applicants must submit the following:
FOR BUSINESS WRITING-
- Send in a brief description of your current job position and how this workshop will advance your effectiveness and delivery at work
FOR NON-FICTION –
- A sample non-fiction writing of between 1000 & 1500 words. Send in only your best work.*
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Submit a one-page personal CV along with your entry
- Include a brief paragraph about what you intend to learn from your selected workshop
- Entries must be submitted within a SINGLE MS WORD attached document – double-spaced, with a header showing the author name (yours) to the left, story title in the middle and page numbers to the right
- Handwritten entries WILL NOT be accepted
- 5. Entries in PDF will not be considered
All sample materials must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12:00 noon on Friday, 19thOctober 2014. The subject of the email should read the exact workshop selected. Materials submitted after this date will not be accepted.
* Please highlight how many words your writing contains