The Carrington Fellowship program is a one-year community-based professional development program for entry-level to mid-level professionals. Fellows gain fundamental leadership, communication, and program management skills, expand their network, and are mentored.
The Fellowship is an unparalleled opportunity to:
- Participate in a year-long professional development program
- Strengthen your work through new connections, skills and ideas.
- Get mentored by experienced Nigerians and Americans
- Join the U.S. Consulate General network in Nigeria.
What are the criteria for selection?
The following criteria will be used to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of leadership in your community
- A demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship;
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and to respect the opinions of others;
- Strong social and communication skills;
- An energetic, positive attitude;
NOTE: Application is currently open for young people who reside in Osun, Ondo and Ekiti States in Nigeria. This cohort is supported by the NYFF that is implemented by LEAP Africa and funded by MacArthur Foundation and Ford Foundation
- Are between the ages of 21 and 35 on or before the application deadline;
- Are Nigerians who reside in Osun, Ondo, and Ekiti States;
- Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English;
- Are not alumni of the Carrington Fellowship;
- Are available to participate in the one-year-long program.
Deadline for registration is 4th March 2023
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!