Every year, the Chivas Venture gives away $1 million in no-strings funding to social entrepreneurs, who blend profit with purpose to have a positive impact on the world.
- The founder, co-founder or a key decision-maker who will represent your business throughout the competition.
- You must be aged 25 years old or over (as of 31 October 2018), and speak fluent English.
- Your start-up must already be registered as a for-profit entity in the country you’re located, and earn no more than $1.5 million in annual revenue (from 1 September 2017 to 1 September 2018).
- Global exposure, a share of $1million dollars in no-strings funding, a 3-day Accelerator Programme in the UK, and a bunch of world-changing new friends.
How it Works:
2. Get selected to represent your country
Each application will be reviewed, and the very best from each of the participating countries will be shortlisted to take part in national finals. We collaborate with the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, at the University of Oxford, to select the most promising entries.
You will be invited to pitch your business to a panel of experts, who will select a country winner to compete in the global finals.
In March 2019, all 20 global finalists will be flown to the United Kingdom to take part in our Accelerator Programme in London. Hosted by The Conduit – a new London establishment that serves as a home for a diverse community of people who are passionate about social change – the intensive training programme will include one-to-one pitch coaching and a set of learning sessions tailored for social entrepreneurs.
Aside from mentorship by leading experts, the Accelerator Programme is a great opportunity to build a community of world-changers, sharing ideas as well as tasty cocktails. Past finalists have found great value in blending with their peers from around the world – 89% of them say that they have or intend to collaborate with other Chivas Venture finalists.
Following the Accelerator Programme, the first $100,000 of the Chivas Venture fund will be put into the hands of the public, during three weeks of online voting. This will be your chance to inspire people around the world and encourage them to support your startup.
5. Pitch at the Global Final
The Chivas Venture 2019 will culminate in a series of pitches where finalists will battle it out for the remainder of the $1 million in funding. You will have the opportunity to pitch in front of our expert judges as well as a live audience of business experts, influencers and change-makers.
If you need more information, kindly follow the website here:
Chivas Regals’ The Venture 2019 Competition
Application Deadline: 31 October 2018.