Another opportunity for entrepreneurs in Nigeria to get fund to kick-start or expand their business is here again. Diamond Bank is moving another 50 Entrepreneurs to the next level with her programme called Building Entrepreneurs Today programme (BET). Every year 50 entrepreneurs are trained and 5 of them that emerge the best in the rigorous training are empowered with N3 million to expand their business.
The first phase of the BET programme commenced in 2010 in which Diamond Bank empowered 5 entrepreneur with growth capital of N3 million each after they emerged top 5 from rigorous business training at the Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Pan African University.
This is another great opportunity just like Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YouWIN!)
BET is another great initiative for Nigerians to gain entrepreneurial skills needed to manage any businesses in Nigeria and also an opportunity to get N3 million to kick start and expand your business. But before you can make it Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Pan African University, you must have a fully functional business (at least 3months in operations).
The selection criteria for BET3 and application procedures can be found below:
Selection criteria will be as follows:
1. Applicant must have a fully functional business (at least 3months in operations)
2. Applicant MUST not have attended any entrepreneurial Management program at EDC.
3. The business must have high growth potential.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants can download an application form from http://nigeria.
APPLICATION PHASE: (March 19 to April 19, 2013)
Entries open to the public for entrepreneurs to apply for the BET programme
CAPACITY BUILDING PHASE:
EDC will be responsible for selecting the best 50 entrepreneurs that will partake in the 3 months Capacity Building Program at the Enterprise Development Centre of the Pan African University. These 50 participants will enjoy the following;
- EDC networking meeting
- Business advisory and counseling session
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PHASE:
From the 50 entrepreneurs, 15 will be selected as Top Breed Students and they will be further engaged in an Intensive Business Development Support Service for another period of 6 months. This set of 15 students shall be provided with the following services;
- A quarterly consulting session to be provided by experts in various fields
- Provide monthly monitoring contacts with mentors for participants
- Provide a mentor for each participant who shall be a second year MBA student at the Lagos Business School.
- Organize a platform for participant’s review of their plans with the University.
NEXT LEVEL AWARD:
From the 15 Top students entrepreneurs, EDC will select 5 outstanding entrepreneurs that will be given the “Next Level Award”. Diamond Bank will reward the 5 outstanding entrepreneurs with a sum of N3 million Naira each as their growth capital for their businesses.
- An Award / Prize Presentation ceremony will be organized by the Bank to showcase the 5 outstanding entrepreneurs to the general public.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!