The Entrepreneurs’ Organization’s Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is the premier global competition for student entrepreneurs who actively run a business. EO GSEA nominees compete in qualifying competitions for the chance to advance to the Global Finals, held in May 2016 in Bangkok, Thailand.
Nominees compete against their peers from around the world for the chance to win capital and in-kind prizes from sponsor organizations. Founded in 1998 by Saint Louis University, GSEA is now an Entrepreneurs’ Organization program.
With more than 1,700 competitors from more than 30 countries, EO GSEA is an exclusive opportunity for student entrepreneurs to make connections, find resources, and grow their businesses!
1. You must be an undergraduate (bachelors) student at a recognized university or college for the current academic year and enrolled in school at the time of application.
2. You must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of your company and principally responsible for its operation.
3. Your business must be structured ‘for-profit’ and have generated US $500 or received US $1000 in investments at the time of application.
4. Your company must have been in business for at least the past six consecutive months.
5. You should not have been one of the top six finalists from any previous year’s GSEA Global Finals Competition
- Access to successful entrepreneurs. Feedback. Mentorship.
- Refined elevator pitches. Going head to head with other business owners and answering tough questions about their business to our judges helps competitors improve their pitch skills and enhance their ability to communicate the value proposition of their business.
- Expanded networks. Competitors will meet other student entrepreneurs from around the world, as well as Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) members and our honored guests.
- Media Exposure. Competitors will receive local and national media attention for themselves and their business.
- The Global Finals competition awards US$20,000, plus donated business products and services, including Web services, printing, PR, consulting and more!
How to Apply:
- Fill out the online application at Apply Now
- After your application have been received, EO GSEA will review the application in detail.
- If selected to compete, someone from GSEA will contact you to give you further information on the location of the competition and how to prepare.
Find a Local Geographic Competition in Your Country