The Federal Government of Nigeria
Third National Fadama Development Project (Fadama III)
Additional Financing (AF)
Credit No.: 52930-NG
National Fadama Coordination Office
(Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR FADAMA III AF GRADUATE UNEMPLOYED
YOUTH AND WOMEN AGRO-PRENEUR SUPPORT (FADAMA-GUYS) PROGRAMME
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received Additional Financing from the World Bank
toward the cost of the Third National Fadama Development (Fadama III) Project, to support
ramping up of production of four (4) prioritized staple crops (rice, cassava, sorghum and
tomatoes). The Project intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to support graduate unemployed youth and women to become agro-preneurs.
The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to increase the incomes for users of rural lands and water resources within the Fadama Areas in a sustainable manner throughout the Recipient’s territory. The additional financing is fully dedicated to scaling up all the six components of the parent Project namely Component 1: Capacity Building, Communications and Information
Support; Component 2: Small-Scale Community-owned Infrastructure; Component 3: Advisory Services and Support for Acquisition of Farming Inputs; Component 4: Support to the
Agricultural Development Programs, Sponsored Research and On-Farm Demonstrations;
Component 5: Matching Grant Facility for Assets Acquisition through groups; and Component
6: Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation.
The National Fadama Coordination Office (NFCO) now invites interested unemployed graduates youth (male and female) to express interest by submitting an online application through: http://guys.fadamaaf.net. Interested individual should provide information required in the prescribed formats and as per the guidance provided below.
Rules and Guidelines for interested individuals (Please review carefully).
Any application that does not follow the rules and guidelines presented below will NOT be
Eligibility criteria for application are:
• The applicant is a Nigerian, resident in any of the following participating States (1st Phase):
Aadamawa, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Ebonyi, Ekiti, FCT, Jigawa,
Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Sokoto & Taraba.
• The applicant is between the ages of 18 and 35 years old as at the time of submitting application.
• The candidate has a demonstrable passion for agriculture and is willing to become an agropreneur.
This should be indicated through a written statement in the application form;
• The applicant is a graduate of any institution of higher learning (including Secondary
School Leaving Certificates holders who have practiced farming and/or enterprise of
choice for at least 5 years);
• The applicant must have access to land and/or place where his/her agri-enterprise interest
of choice would be located;
• Having computer knowledge and skills would be an added advantage;
• The Fadama III AF funding must be requested for utilization on eligible costs or activities
based on a business plan – to be submitted after successful application and proposed
How to Apply
Follow the steps given below:
• Log on to the Fadama GUYS Portal at http://guys.fadamaaf.net and create an account.
• Check your mailbox for confirmation of account creation and login details to the Portal;
• Complete and submit the Application Form;
Please note that no submission will be accepted on any other platform.
• List of documents to be provided during on-line registration
In addition to filling up the Application Form, the candidate must submit the following
• Scanned original copy of primary school certificate;
• Scanned copies of valid Federal Government of Nigeria issued means of identification
(such as international passport, INEC Permanent Voters Card, National identity card or
drivers license, etc);
• Scanned copy of the candidate’s original highest educational qualification certificate;
The attention of interested Individuals is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s
Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits &
Grants by World Bank Borrower, Revised January 2011 and 2014 setting forth the World Bank policy on Conflict of Interest.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours [from 08 hours to 1600 hours] Monday through Friday (Except Public Holidays) from the Project Officer,
The submission deadline will be May 15, 2017 at mid-night West Africa Time (GMT+1 hour). No application will be allowed after the deadline.
National Project Coordinator.
National Fadama Coordination Office (NFCO),
No 1 Eldoret Close,Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II, Abuja – Nigeria.