The FATE Foundation, in collaboration with the Centre for the Promotion of Export in Developing Countries (CBI), is happy to announce a call for applications for a virtual training program for entrepreneurs in the Nigerian ginger industry.
The Centre for Promotion of Imports (CBI) of the Netherlands is sponsoring the Youth Inclusion in Nigeria’s Ginger SectorTraining Programme, which aims to provide access to information, knowledge, skills, and support to young aspiring entrepreneurs who are in the ideation or early stages of business existence in order to help them leverage opportunities in the ginger sector to start, grow, and scale sustainable businesses. This program builds on the baseline study, which finished in May 2021, and aims to:
- Assess and identify market opportunities and equip youths to explore such opportunities
- Build business management skills in participants
- Provide hands-on and experience-based learning across general and specific segments of the value chain.
- Drive inclusion in the Ginger sector in Nigeria to enable young people participate in the sector
The curriculum is a virtual 8-week entrepreneurial education program aimed at creating capacity in fundamental knowledge, strategies, skills, and tools for building sustainable businesses in Nigeria’s agribusiness and ginger sectors. Our curriculum is designed to help more young people establish, build, and expand their enterprises across the Ginger value chain in Nigeria, based on our study that revealed a lack of youth participation and inclusion in the Ginger sector in Nigeria.
To be eligible you must:
- Age 18 – 35 years
- Own a Business that operates across the Ginger sector in Nigeria
- Valid means of identification
Post Programme Benefits:
- scholarship support from CBI covers all direct course fees including course materials, books, data support and post programme support.
- Business Advisory Support from FATE Foundation
- Group mentoring from FATE Foundation
- Access to Free Business Support Tools & Application
- Funding and Market Linkages
Stage I: Interested applicants must complete the application form here and upload the following documents:
- A Profile Picture (headshot facing camera)
- W.A.E.C. or NECO certificate or Statement of Tertiary Education Result/Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Curriculum vitae
- Valid means of Identification
Stage II: Following a review of all received applications, candidates will be shortlisted for a 10–20-minute phone/video interview after which 30 applicants will be selected for the programme.
Through the support of CBI, the programme is FREE to all entrepreneurs who successfully scale through the two application stages.
How To Apply
Application closes February 28, 2022
For more details visit FATE Foundation Website