The Justice Entrepreneurship School (JES) is a program aimed at entrepreneurs in West Africa who are in the incubation stage of business and have creative ideas about businesses within the justice sector of economies. It was created by the Hague Institute for Innovation of Law (HiiL) in collaboration with FATE Foundation. The Hague Institute for Innovation of Law, or HiiL, is a social company that promotes user-friendly justice with the aim of creating entrepreneurs working on solutions to the urgent legal needs of people in West Africa.
Who we are Lookin for?
Our Target Audience Includes Startups that empower people with break-through innovations to create better:
- Working conditions with employers
- Separation terms with spouses
- Protection against theft, fraud and violence
- Arrangements about noise, damages and property access with neighbours
- Housing maintenance and rent conditions with landlords
- Agreements on ownership, registration and use of land
- Contracts, fraud protection and compliance for their small business
Areas of focus for prevention or resolving pressing justice problems are in the following areas:
- Employment: contract termination, payment of wages/social security/insurance, working conditions, equal hiring opportunities.
- Family: separation, abuse, child support, custody and inheritance.
- Neighbours: excessive noise or disorder, right of way, damage to property.
- Crime: theft, robbery, burglary, and bodily injury, lending and borrowing money.
- Land: ownership, registration, use of land, tenure.
- Housing: eviction, living conditions, payment of rent
- Small business: supplier or client contracts, tax, registration, regulatory compliance, fraud, business premises.
- Public sector: corruption, bribery, access to utilities (water, sanitation, electricity)
- Consumer: unfair/unauthorised charges by company or bank, purchasing defective goods or substandard services, warranties.
- Money: Solutions that help prevent or resolve disputes over lending and borrowing money.
Related Article: Apply for more legit opportunities online
Structure and Curriculum
The curriculum is designed to help the participants become more knowledgeable on how to build and sustain innovative businesses that can solve today’s Justice problems sessions are facilitated by various industry leaders across the entrepreneurial value chain specifically social justice professionals with its learning structure, a combination of virtual sessions, case studies and group activities.
The programme will run for 8 weeks with a single touchpoint twice a week (Mondays and Wednesday) between 26 September – 16 November 2022
Programme Timelines : Monday 26 September – Wednesday 6 November 2022
Tuition Fee : Free
Deadline for application is 30th September 2022
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!