The Halcyon’s Intensive fellowship is focused on Africa and is designed for entrepreneurs with innovative solutions that can improve the wellbeing of farmers and at the same time help to increase access to quality food for the most vulnerable. This fellowship is focusing on startups disrupting the food and agriculture sectors. Thanks to our collaboration with Amazon Web Services, S&R Evermay and HR Sage, fellows will receive a host of workshops, access to advisors and mentors, and more! The programming will be delivered in a hybrid modality, with three virtual meetings, a one week in-person residency at Halcyon and a one week in-person residency in Nairobi.
- A $5,000 USD per venture equity-free stipend to use toward travel expenses to attend the residencies
- One week long residency at Halcyon’s facilities in Georgetown, Washington, DC
- One week long residency in Nairobi with a culminating event featuring pitches from each venture and connections to investors, advisors, and media
- Free workshops focused on investment readiness training and connections with relevant impact investors
- Honing storytelling and pitching
- Access to pro bono legal support, skills development, and mentorship
- $25,000 USD in Amazon Cloud credits
- Join a community of over 300 impact driven entrepreneurs
- Must live in and/or have your venture based in any African Union country
- Applicant must be the CEO and/or hold primary decision-making power in the growth and strategic vision for the venture’s development and management
- Must be able to make a full-time commitment to work on the venture during the residency phases (**August 21-25, 2023 in DC and November 13-17, 2023 in Nairobi)
- Must be able to attend monthly meetings and residency programming in-person in Washington, DC and Nairobi
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program
- May apply on your own or with up to one Co-Founder who meets the above eligibility requirements.
- Must be willing to contribute to the growth and development of Halcyon’s fellow community
How to Apply
Application deadline is 28 March 2023
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!