As part of the 21st Africa Business Conference, the Africa Business Club will be hosting the New Venture Competition on February 15th, 2019. The New Venture Competition aims to showcase the diversity of entrepreneurs making a difference on the continent today.
- Early Stage Startups (for-profit or not-for-profit)
- Africa-focused with a majority or all of its operations in Africa
- Less than 50 employees
- Less than 5 years of operations
- Raised less $250,000 in funding to date
- 10 finalists will be invited to pitch their business in front of approximately 700 attendees and receive feedback from a panel of experienced judges. The competition winner and runner-up will be awarded cash prizes of $10,000 and $5,000, respectively.
- The top 20 shortlisted ventures will also have the opportunity to showcase their companies at the Startup Fair to network and interact with distinguished panelists and conference attendees.
The judges will evaluate the venture’s potential for economic success and the likelihood of achieving that success based upon the team’s plan, experience, and the validation of key assumptions and a clear and convincing presentation of the following:
- Value proposition and business model (including market validation of value proposition/growth hypothesis)
- Team expertise and ability to execute
- Market opportunity
- Geopolitical and industry context
- Potential risks and mitigants
- Realistic assumptions underlying any financial projections
- Defined milestones and execution plan
- Please download the application form HERE, enter your company’s details, and save the completed form.
- Upon completion, send the application form to [email protected].
- All applications must be received by 5pm EST on November 30th, 2018.
- Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any questions.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this programme, kindly follow this link to apply
Application Deadline: 5pm EST on November 30th, 2018.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!