HiiL’s flagship innovation program, the Justice Accelerator, sponsors, develops, and coaches a global cohort of justice businesses. We are looking for entrepreneurs that solve people’s justice issues and strive to provide them with access to justice at work, at home, in their communities, and in their businesses.
We support startups that empower people with break-through innovations to create better:
- working conditions with their employer
- separation terms with their spouse
- protection against theft, fraud and violence
- arrangements about noise, damages and property access with their neighbour
- housing maintenance and rent conditions with their landlord
- agreements on ownership, registration and use of land
- contracts, fraud protection and compliance for their small business.
What are we looking for?
In 2022, we are welcoming startups from the following countries into our programme:
- East Africa: Kenya, Rwanda, Ethiopia
- West Africa: Nigeria
- MENA: Tunisia, Lebanon, Jordan, Morocco
We are especially interested in startups that work on what we’ve identified as potential game-changers.
To apply your startup needs to have:
- people-centred solutions that prevent or resolve justice problems*.
- a functioning product with some traction (number of users, revenue, etc.) indicating proof of customer demand. Startups in earlier stages are encouraged to contact their respective regional innovation hubs to find out about our ideation and incubation programmes.
- a strong team of founder(s).
- a sustainability and revenue model. Startups can be non-profit or for-profit.
Both for-profit and non-profit startups can apply!
Benefits of the Program
HiiL’s Justice Accelerator offers you a 4-month long programme that provides you with:
- €10,000 non-equity funding.
- Full training program delivered by industry specialists: business growth, marketing, team & leadership, impact measurement and much more.
- Coaching sessions and mentorship on topics of your choice.
- Access to HiiL’s global network of justice leaders, legal tech organisations and top level researchers.
- International exposure and potential investment opportunities.
- Chance to win up to €20.000 at Demo Day 2023.
Deadline for application is 31st March 2022