Intafact Hero’s Foundation Kickstart is Intafact’s Beverages Limited’s corporate social investment (CSI) initiative run by its subsidiary Intafact Hero’s Foundation. It is aimed at instilling a culture of entrepreneurship among Nigerian youths by encouraging them to develop their big ideas into sustainable businesses or expand their existing businesses through the provision of material and financial support which include:
- Business development skill training
- Business mentoring and coaching
- Provision of grant for business start-up and or expansion
First launched in South Africa in 1995 as a poverty alleviation initiative, the programme has also been implemented in Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland and Tanzania.
The Intafact Hero’s Foundation Kickstart programme is open only to Nigerians between the ages 18 to 35 who live and have their businesses in Abia, Anambra, Benue, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu and Imo states.
The ultimate goal of the programme is helping to build a young prosperous society by helping to create a culture of entrepreneurship thereby reducing youth unemployment in the Nigeria.
The competition is open to Nigerians between the ages 18 to 35 years who live and have their businesses in the following states: Abia, Anambra, Benue, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu and Imo states.
- Applicants must be at least 18 and at most 35 years with valid identification (e.g National I.D; Drivers License; International Passport; Voters Registration, etc) as at the last day of the application period.
- He or she must be willing to operate the business on a full-time basis.
- Should have an innovative business idea in need of a startup capital.
- Or already have an existing small businesses needing capital to expand operations.
- Energetic and entrepreneurial in approach.
- Should be able to read and write.
- Interested individuals should apply by downloading the application form here or pick up hard copies at the various designated centres and partners’ offices across Nigeria. All forms must be filled, signed and submitted at the following centres:
|Abia||Vic Dave Global||No 16 Mission Hill, Umuahia.|
|Anambra (Onitsha)||Chazmax Intgrated Ltd||9 Limca Road, Onitsha.|
|Anambra (Awka)||Ugezgold Ventures Nig Ltd||Kwata by Slaughter, Court Rd, Awka.|
|Benue||Syxim Services Ltd||28 Iorchia Ayu Way, Wurukum, Makurdi|
|Benue||Intafact Depot||7 New Otukpo Road, Makurdi, Benue State|
|Delta (Asaba)||Everends Lead Nig Ltd||4 DLA Road Asaba|
|Delta (Warri)||Omejeph Global Resource, Warri||Before Aeroplane Spot, Ughelli Portharcout Rd, Okpe Warri|
|Ebonyi||Ginibo Inter Services Ltd||97 Ogoja Rd, Abakaliki.|
|Edo||Cuneo Wedge Limited||9B Siloko Rd, Benin.|
|Edo||Intafact Depot||91 Ekenwan Road, Oredo LGA, Benin City, Edo State|
|Enugu||Phocles Nigeria Ltd||Off Ogui Rd, by Oloko Gate, Enugu.|
|Imo||Amadi & Sons Ltd||Plot PF/3Housin Estate, Area B, Adjacent 4040 Night Club, Owerri|
Scanned copies of completed forms can also be submitted online: firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic requirements are contained in the application section.
- A number of top entries will be selected based on the merit and quality of their business proposals by a team of seasoned experts. Each form will be scored against the “Screening Sheet”. The sheet will be used to grade and rank all submitted application form, the score gotten from the submission will be debated upon by the experts to ensure alignment and common ratings. For clarity of purpose and fairness to all applicants, the Screening sheet is an internal document. Scores are not shared externally.
- Successful applicants will then undergo an intensive one week business training. The modules for the training will include:
- Human Resources
- Business Plan Writing
- Book Keeping
- Income Statements
At the end of the training, applicants will be given one month to write the final competing business plan.
- Each judge is given a copy of each submission document for review.
- Judges convene to interview applicants on their business plans.
- Business plan and interviews for each applicant are rated and scores aggregated to determine winners (Kickstarters).
- The outcome of the judges’ decision remains confidential until the day of the award ceremony.
- The decision of the judges is final and cannot be contested.
- This will take a form of a grand event and winners will be announced and presented with their prizes. It will be a high profile event with government functionaries and business persons in attendance.
Mentoring & Monitoring
- The awardees will have access to carefully selected expert assistance through mentorship and coaching for the period of a year. The Kickstarters are under the obligation to observe and implement the advice as tendered by the mentors. There will be monthly update on the progress made and business performance which will be shared with the Foundation and Intafact Management.
The Foundation’s decision on determining the winners is final and cannot be contested.
Application opens on Monday, March 20, 2017, and closes by 23: 59 hours on Friday, April 28, 2017.