VivaTech is the world’s rendezvous for startups and leaders to celebrate innovation!
This international event is a gathering of the world’s brightest minds, talents, and products and is a celebration of today’s innovations and tomorrow’s possibilities for everyone who believes in the power of technology to transform business and society!
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL TRADE CENTRE:
The International Trade Centre is the joint multilateral agency of the United Nations and the World Trade Organisation fully dedicated to support the internationalisation of SMEs.
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE:
INNOVATION FOR SMARTPHONE FINANCING IN AFRICA
We target startups improving access to smartphones in Africa through innovative business and partnership models.
In Africa, smartphones remain inaccessible for most of the population since the average cost of a low-end smartphone still exceeds 60% of the average monthly income. The ITC NTF V challenge is looking for African startups facilitating access to smartphones and smart feature phones through device financing models.
Mobile penetration is key to drive economic growth, connect the unconnected and build digital savvy nations. Despite a growing mobile broadband coverage, more than 520 Million Africans do not enjoy internet services, device affordability is one of the major barriers.
Expected Solutions can vary from but are not limited to:
– Bi and tripartite partnership models to finance smartphones
– Digitized smartphone loans/instalment schemes
– Mobile phone lending against services (ride hailing, etc)
– Buy Now Pay Later models
Mobile financing plan, credit, BNPL, Mobile devices lending
- Formally registered African digital startup working in the African market, revenues a plus, with track record in smartphone financing
- Well defined and big market size
- Strong team with complementary skills and strong managerial and operational experience
- Scalable solution
- Viable and innovative business model
How To Apply
Application Deadline – 30th April 2022
For more details visit ITC VivaTech Challenge