The KMG Private Enterprise Tech Innovator competition, now in its second year, will honor Africa’s top tech innovators and future tech giants.
We understand the influence that technology trailblazers like you have on the globe at KPMG Private Enterprise. Whether your organization is solely focused on technology or is tech-enabled. Tech-driven or tech-led We are interested in hearing from you.
We’re inviting you to compete against technology entrepreneurs from all throughout Africa, as well as 21 other countries in the world’s key regions. A panel of industry experts will hear about your inventions and company growth plans.
Our goal is to help you reach your goals and take your business to the next level, no matter where you are in the business lifecycle – from early-stage growth to getting ready to accelerate your expansion.
Compete on the global stage
The countries/regions participating in the 2022 competition include: Africa, Australia. Brazil. Canada. China. Colombia. Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Israel. India. Japan. Denmark. Mexico. Netherlands. Norway, Portugal. Qatar, Saudi Arabia. Spain. Taiwan. Turkey. the UK and the US.
The KPMG Private Enterprise Global Tech Innovator competition showcases entrepreneurs across Industries who are innovating to become the tech leaders of tomorrow.
Benefits of KPMG Global Tech Innovator
Finalists will receive an unrivalled platform to profile your business
- Exposure: pitch your innovations and present your growth ambitions. Winning companies will be featured in KPMG’s “Winners Report”, media profiles and at Web Summit 2022
- Recognition: profile your business throughout the competition, leveraging KPMG channels and both local and global media.
- Networking: connect with like-minded peers, key industry experts and influencers both locally and globally
What makes a winner?
Applicants are typically technology entrepreneurs who are successfully making the transition from the startup phase to the next stage in the growth of their businesses. They have developed innovative, proven technologies, established robust business models, demonstrated traction and have the potential to scale up globally.
To be eligible for the competition, you must:
- Be a registered company in Africa where the African final is being held
- Have been actively operating for 5 years or less (in the current form)
- Generate revenue between US $1 million and $15 million; or have raised at least US $500,000 in equity
- Be either a pure technology or a tech-enabled, tech-driven or tech-led business
- Not be majority owned by a large corporate
- Conduct all pitches in English
- Be available to pitch at a country or regional semi-final event in the timeline outlined by the country of origin (if applicable)
- Available to pitch virtually at a country or regional final event in the timeline outlined by the country of origin
- If selected as a finalist, be available to pitch at the global final at Web Summit in Lisbon, Portugal in November 2022
What are we looking for?
Each pitching competition will be judged by a panel of industry experts. All applications will be scored based on six, equally-weighted criteria:
- Disruption and innovation
- Market potential
- Customer adoption
- Market traction and marketing
- Long-term potential
- Pitch quality
The decisions of the panel will be final.
Application closes May 31st 2022
For more details visit KPMG Global Africa Innovator